At Our Lady & St Patrick's Primary School, we believe information sharing is crucial to support any child’s needs.
If your child has an already identified SEND:
- We will first invite you to visit the school with your child to have a look around and speak to staff.
- We will liaise with the previous school or setting to seek what additional support they have been providing.
- If other professionals are involved, a Team Around the Child (TAC) meeting will be held to discuss your child’s needs, share strategies used, and ensure provision is put in place before your child start to help the transition be smooth and ensuring your child settles in with ease.
If your child is moving to another school:
- We will contact the new school’s SENCO and ensure he/she knows about any special arrangements or support that need to be made for your child.
- We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible.
When moving classes in school:
- Children will have a ‘move up’ morning in the summer term to visit their new classroom environment. Additional visits can be arranged if necessary.
- Information will be passed on to the new class teacher in the summer term before moving on through a transition meeting with the class teacher and SENCo, with input from previous class teacher.
- If your child would be helped by a book to support them understand moving on then it will be made for them if suitable.
In Year 6
- If your child has an Education Health Care Plan, the SENCo from the secondary school will be invited to their Year 6 transition/annual review and Year 5 if necessary. If your child receives SEN Support Mrs Goodfellow will discuss with the secondary school SENCo your child’s needs and what support they have been receiving at Our Lady's.
- All Files will be passed onto the secondary school SENCo.
- Where possible your child will visit their new school on several occasions and in some cases staff from the new school will visit your child in this school.