A number of strategies are in place to enable effective pupils’ transition.
· A planned introduction programme is delivered in the summer term to support transfer for pupils starting school in September.
· Where possible, staff from school will meet the child in their old school setting.
· Parent/carers are invited to a meeting at the school and are provided with a range of information to support them in enabling their child to settle into the school routine.
· The SENCo meets with all new parents of pupils who are known to have SEND to allow concerns to be raised and solutions to any perceived challenges to be located prior to entry.
· If pupils are transferring from another setting, the previous school records will be requested immediately and a meeting set up with parents to identify and reduce any concerns.