- All our teaching staff are experienced at dealing with children with a range of special educational needs. The children in our school are all treated with love, care and respect.
- We have a three-tiered graduated approach to supporting mental health and wellbeing here at Our Lady and St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School.
- Every child benefits from daily whole class wellbeing sessions ‘Calm Start’ and for this, we use a mix of approaches including yoga, meditation, mindfulness, guided relaxation, therapeutic stories, problem solving, exploring feelings and emotions.
- At the core of each of these approaches is the importance of giving children an emotional vocabulary, the time and space to listen and reflect on how they feel and a set of tools to help them move to a more positive set of feelings when sadness, frustration, anger, loneliness, grief are experienced.
- Children who are identified as needing extra support are offered pastoral sessions in our specialist wellbeing room.
- The school follows statutory guidance in the administration of medicines and provision of personal care. Any child who has additional medical needs will have an Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP).
Please see the 'Wellbeing' section on our website for more information.