We aim to give all of our children a voice. For children with SEND we use a variety of strategies, which may include:
- Involving children in creating One Page Profiles.
- Having a range of education resources available for the child to use and select as appropriate, e.g. ear-defenders, visual timetables, overlays, pencil grips, writing boards, picture/communication cards, fidget toys etc.
- Providing opportunities for ‘Time to Talk’
- Opportunities to develop new skills through after-school or lunchtime clubs, or applying to be a part of the School Council
- Ensuring the child is aware of who they can go to for help
- Photos, conversations & observations
- Termly ‘Pupil Voice’ activities to support SEND review meetings with parents/carers
- Informal pupil questionnaires