Home Page

Our Lady and St. Patrick's Catholic Primary School Part of the Mater Christi Multi-Academy Trust

Services for Parents


Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SEND IASS) provide information, advice and support at any stage of a child or young person’s education, and they provide an Independent Supporter for families in the process of getting an Education Health and Care Plan.  This is an impartial confidential service.  They provide information, advice and support for

  • parents and carers of children with special educational needs

  • children and young people up to the age of 25 years

They specialise in education matters but can support with social care and health issues by signposting to partners.  

If you would like any independent support or advice about any aspect of your child’s Special Educational Needs please contact Susan Eastwood— Allerdale Area of the Cumbria Information, Advice and Support Service (formerly Parent Partnership) on 07824408922 or



SEND alliance Cumbria (SENDAC) is the official Parent Carer forum for parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs and disabilities in the beautiful county of Cumbria. Their role is to reach out to families and listen to your concerns and opinions about all SEND services in Cumbria, from EHCP issues to diagnosis processes & concerns about therapy! Armed with this Parent Carer feedback, SENDAC attend meetings & events with the Local Authority, NHS professionals, as well as other professional SEND bodies. SENDAC are an equal statutory partner and therefore, this allows them to voice your opinion to the people who can make a difference!



Information, Advice and Support Agency Network offers independent advice and support to parents and carers of all children and young people with SEND and will direct visitors to their nearest IAS service


For parents who are unhappy with the Local Authority or school responses to their child’s SEND, parents may seek mediation from the regional mediation services. Information on this free service is located here


Parents and carers can also appeal to the Government’s SEND tribunal if you disagree with the Local Authorities decisions about your child’s special educational needs. You can also appeal to the tribunal if the school or council has discriminated against your disabled child. Information on this process is available here 23


‘For every shape and size of family, whatever they need and whatever their child’s disability, we’re here.’

Contact support families with the best possible guidance and information and they bring families together to support each other. They have a fantastic website full of practical advice and support. Please check it out!