At Our Lady's we ensure all the children begin their day with a Calm Start. Calm Start is a time for children to engage in therapeutic activities such as mindfulness and relaxation exercises to prepare the children and get them in the right frame of mind for their learning.
Calm Start aims to:
• Settle children in readiness for their day
• Diminish or leave behind any worries which may negatively impact on their day
• Build independence and social skills
• Give more time for children to express their feelings, thoughts and ideas
• Build confidence when talking and sharing with others
• Develop self-acceptance
• Build an understanding of emotions and empathy
The benefits of a calm start to the day our felt by all. Most importantly, our children are more relaxed, happy and ready to learn.