Our Lady and St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School aims to be accessible for all children and adults with differing needs. The school fully meets the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and all reasonable steps are taken to ensure that children are not placed at a disadvantage.
· Our Lady and St Patrick’s is a split-level building which is partially accessible, with wide doors in all main areas.
· The hall is accessible to all.
· There is a designated disabled parking space in our car park. · A shower is installed in the Early Years toilets.
· The school has internal emergency signage and escape routes are clearly marked.
· We are committed to providing an environment which is conducive to learning and where all children can develop skills and attitudes for life.
Accessibility of Information
Information is disseminated to parents by: · Text
· Via the school website
· Via newsletters/weekly bulletins
· School policies are available online and printed copies are available on request · Curriculum information is on the school website
· Letters sent via email
Accessibility of Provision
Every care is taken to ensure that all students have equal access to all provision: All resources are appropriate to the age and ability of the students.
Specialist Equipment Recourses used in school to alleviate stress and to help pupils access the curriculum include:
· Coloured overlays
· Coloured paper/ modified papers if appropriate · Pencil grips
· Visualisers, magnifiers, recording equipment, etc.
Our Accessibility Plan (statutory requirement) describes the actions the school has taken to increase access to the environment, the curriculum and to printed information is available via the school website.
We are committed to inclusion and would be happy to discuss whatever steps necessary to ensure accessibility for all pupils who wish to attend Our Lady and St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School.