We know when a pupil needs help if:
- Concerns are raised by parents/carers, external agencies, teachers, the pupil’s previous school or the pupil themselves, regarding concerns relating to inadequate levels of progress or inclusion.
- Inclusion Lead attends new starter home visits and 2-year development checks
- Screening, such as that completed on entry or as a result of a concern being raised, indicates gap in knowledge and/or skills.
- Whole school tracking of attainment outcomes indicates lack of expected rate of progress.
- Observation of the pupil indicates that they have additional needs