The Role of the Educational Psychologist:
There may be times when the School requires the support of an expert. One key person the School can call on is the Educational Psychologist.
Our SENCo works closely with the Educational Psychologist to support children in a number of ways:
- Regular meetings take place to discuss pupils on the SEN register. During these meetings pupil progress will be discussed and support strategies looked at in detail
- Advice is given to school to ensure that children's needs are being met as appropriately as possible
- Advice will be given to parents so that further support may be given at home
- Training is given to staff
- Reports are submitted to inform statements for pupils with complex needs or disabilities.
Click on the links below for information to share with your child about a visit from an Educational Psychologist: