We endeavour to ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities. We help all pupils achieve to the best of their abilities, despite any difficulty or disability they may have. In order to ensure this happens across the full curriculum we:
- Prioritise Quality First Teaching, adapted, to help children with identified needs access their learning. This is regularly monitored and continually developed.
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all pupils, teaching pupils in a way that is more appropriate to their needs.
- Work in partnership with parents/ carers, pupils and relevant external agencies in order to provide for children’s special educational needs and disabilities.
- To make suitable provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.
- Ensure that all children with SEND are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
- Promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independence at all age and ability
- Give every child the entitlement to a sense of achievement.
- Ensure that enrichment opportunities stimulate and motivate learning.
- Utilise specialist group support from outside agencies e.g. Speech and Language Therapy;
We draw on the following evidence-based guidance to help us embed inclusive practice across the curriculum