Some of the projects undertaken by our Ethos Group:
The work of our Ethos Group is closely linked to the Corporal Works of Mercy, which underpin the ethos of our school.
Some of the planned tasks for the Ethos group are mapped out below:
At our Ethos Group meetings, children will bring and share ideas from their friends and classmates that will enhance our RE Curriculum and the ethos of our school.
Some key roles for the Ethos Group are:
- Enhancing our RE lessons by focusing on the 'wonder why' element
- Be responsible for meeting any visitors in school who are linked to our church or parish and help to show them around our school
- Develop RE and worship areas in the outdoor environment (quiet reflection areas)
- Make a class banner that is linked to their Class Saint, which will be taken and displayed in the hall for special events The banners will be made from fabric and carefully sewn.
- Writing Bidding Prayers for Church
- Preparing special worship for eg. Remembrance, Harvest, Advent
- Reverse Advent Calendars (each class to choose a different charity to support)
- Helping with child-led worship
- KS2 children preparing the hall and prayer table for whole-school worship, such as 'Wednesday Word'